The first that I always do, and this is the odd one, is that I swing. Swing set are my favorite place in the world. There is one in my backyard, or I can go to almost any park, that isn't at a school, and find one. The park swings go higher than high, I feel like if I stretch just a little more I could touch heaven. The swings let me clear my mind, and create a world of my own. It's where I use my imagination, painting places in my mind, almost telling myself stories. When I'm swinging the world melts away and I can create one all of my own.
The other inner-self finding activity I do is writing. I love writing stories. Knights in not-so-shining amour, girls struggling with finding themselves, or best friends going on a road trip. Whatever the subject is, I always try to write something faced on what I'm doing at the time. It's a good way to get out my thoughts and feelings, being able to express them in another more useful way. I just sit down with a notebook and pencil and create. It's amazing to have the time to watch a character come to life on the page, or a setting take form and solidify in my mind. Writing stories is just a really great way that I express who I am and what my inner thoughts and feelings are.All in all no matter how someone expresses themselves isn't what's really important, as long as they take the time to try to do it. I think everyday people should try to show a little bit of who they are and what they're really about by expressing their inner self. Making yourself vulnerable can be good at times, and it's never a mistake to try something new. The idea is to let your idea's run free, when they're free, it feels like you are too.

I love this post, Chelsea! Keep on writing. I hope that you continue to write for relaxation and reflection for the rest of your life. Your playful side is showing through with your fondness for "swinging". Chelsea, I will indeed miss your smile, your fun-loving nature, and your insight into many topics. Continue to have fun!
ReplyDelete