There are so many things I love about
Though this is a great school with great teachers there are some weaknesses. There are times when I wonder "Why in the world do we have to have seven senior meetings, when all we do is talk about the same things?" Though I understand it's hard to fit all our information into one time, I get frustrated missing class for things that I have heard a million times before. There is also the argument with lanyards. I don't wear mine, I admit it, and I see why they may be important, but if it's not enforced why do we bother? There is a flaw in the system, unless everyone enforces it, it isn't going to make a difference to the school. Same goes for tardies. If it's not enforced no one cares. End of story.
When I graduate this June, it is very important that I know how to study. People often times underestimate the value of a good study session. In college it's going to be hard to show up to class, breeze through your homework and expect to get an A on the tests that you haven't even studied for. It just doesn't work, it's not logical. I really value my physics teacher, who wishes to remain unnamed, in my high school career. Yes he brought me to tears at times, and his class really challenged me, but it was one of the firsts that I really had to study. I've always been a studier, but physics was the class that taught me the ability to sit and really focus on what I'm doing. The study sessions that lasted all until all hours of the night really taught me that you need to succeed, but without working hard, you won't. When it comes to expectations, I always have high expectations, and believe everyone should. Even if the teachers don't have high expectations, it doesn't mean you have to have the same level of expectation that they do. The more you expect from yourself the more you get back.
I'm not going to be here next year, but I have plenty of friends who will be. I really hope that they are just able to learn what I've learned. I hope Open Campus gets worked out so that they won't have to wait weeks after midterms and finals to find out if they are able to go out again. Central is really doing well I believe, that could just be my optimistic outlook on life, but I really think it's one of the best schools in the Midwest, and I have no worry for the kids coming after me. We're all going to turn out just fine.

A great post, Chelsea. It shows your great pride for your high school. I will miss you, Chelsea. You truly have been such a fun part of my day for four years.
ReplyDeleteWell Chelsea you know everyone will miss you here and I know you will have an amazing time at college, which i will be visiting you at even if you don't want me there...
ReplyDeleteQ<= <--thats a girl
Oksana