My Quote to Live by

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean, but the ocean would be less because of that missing drop." - Mother Teresa

Monday, April 11, 2011

My Best Advice

The question: What's the best advice that you have ever received or given?
Not to toot my own horn, but I feel that I am actually full of a lot of good advice. Whether I personally always take it or not just depends, but I sure can dish it out. It's not that I'm exceptionally wise or anything, more that I am almost a sponge, I soak up all the advice I can from others, and then put a spin on it to make it my own. Solving other people’s problems has always been easier for me than facing my own. Which is some of my advice, always face your problems before you try to help others (like I pointed out I don't always take my own advice).
My best advice that I can possibly think of is "make a difference to at least one person a day". No matter what I try to impact someone, a stranger on the street, a teacher, really anyone in a positive manner. This can simply mean giving someone a simple smile or holding the door open for a group of people. Whatever it is, making one small gesture can really make a difference to that person. This is advice even I take, so you have to know it's good!
No matter how small the impact anyone makes on another person, they've still made that impact, positive or negative, and for the majority of the time, everyone should try to make thier impacts positive. The more positivity you put out, the more positivity you get back.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how much a smile can change someone's day. I love to see smiles - it makes me happy! I love the idea that you try to make a difference in someone's life every day. What a great goal, Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete